Gandhism : a quest for new civilization / Dashrath Singh; edited by Kumud SinhaMaterial type: TextPublication details: New Delhi : Kalpaz, 2011Description: 248 p. ; 23 cmISBN: 9788178358291Subject(s): Civilization & Culture -- History -- India | Gandhi, Mahatma -1869-1948 -- Contribution -- Indian Culture | Gandhian Philosophy -- InfluenceDDC classification: 909
|Item type||Current library||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|General Books||Central Library, Sikkim University General Book Section||909 SIN/G (Browse shelf(Opens below))||Available||P12874|
1. Civilization and Culture
• The Concept of Civilization • The Concept of Culture • Civilization and Culture • Gandhi's outlook on Modern Civilization • Some Remarks on Modern Civilization • Concept of True Civilization • Dynamics of Civilization.
2. Truth and Non-Violence: The Foundation of Civilization
• The Concept of Truth • The Ethical Meaning of Truth • Truth as a Working Principle of Life • Realization of Truth • Truth.
3. Civilizational Crisis and Beyond
• The Meaning of Civilization • Civilizational Crisis • How to go Beyond the Crisis.
4. Gandhi and the Concept of Structural Violence
• The Concept of Structural Violence • Gandhi's Perception of Structural Violence • Violent Economic Structure • Violent Politics • Violence in Social Systems • Violent Education System • Violent Cosmology • Conclusion
5. Gandhian Technique of Conflict Resolution : An International Perspective
• Meaning and Definition of Conflict Resolution • Forms and Nature of International Conflict • Forms of Conflict Resolution • Replacement of War by Non-violent Method • Unilateralism Panacia of Disarmament • Summary.
6. Clean Politics and Good Governance
• Politics-Dirty Politics and Clean Politics • Dirty Politics • The Nature of Clean Politics • Concepts of Governance • Concepts of Good Governance.
7. Peace Education and Education for Peace
• Concept of Peace Education : Western Perspective • Concept of Peace • Concept of Education • Meaning and Definition of Peace Education • Peace Education and Education for Peace • Peace Education and Peace Research • Peace Education and Peace Movement • Peace Education and Training in Peace and Non-violence • Peace Education and Value Education • Peace Regarding Spirituality and Science 'Peace Education as Criticism of War • Peace Education as Liberation • Peace Education as a Learning Process • Peace Education as life Style Movement • A Plea for Introducing Peace Education in India .• India Past and Present • Peace Education as Instrument of Change • Gandhi's Plea for Peace Education • Western Educationist's Plea for Peace Education.
8. Gandhi and Value Education
• Introduction • Nature of Value • Value and Education • Value Education • Gandhi and Value Education • Typologies of Gandhian Values • Developmental Values • Religious Value • Ethical Values • Societal Values • Spiritual Value.
• Principles of Sarvodaya • Sarvodaya; A Social Movement • Non-Violence • Decentralization • Principles of Samanvaya or Synthesis • Satyagraha • Principle of Peace.
10. Mahatma Gandhi's Contribution to Indian